Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Artist Roadmap!

Roadmap for Art Career!

1) Past graduation, what is my overall career goal?

        The first step is finding a position with the opportunity to learn from more experienced lighting artists. I would not like to be in a small team where I am the end all be all of lighting - I want to learn more! I feel like realistic games have more interesting lighting scenarios - so maybe I would try for a larger AAA company.


2) What type of artist do you want to be?

        I want to be a lighting artist! From my research, I have also seen lighters overlap with level art, so I would like to explore that option too. 


3) For which companies do you want to work?

        I love Ubisoft games, so working on an Assassin's Creed game is the dream. I'm also a huge fan of the EA Star Wars games. Ghost of Tsushima was also very inspiring! (Sucker Punch!)

Action Items:

- clear understanding of color (scripts and color theory)

- properties of light (science!)

- understanding of engines replicating light

- photography

- assembling environments from asset packs and lighting them



Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/hmarti

Puref Board



No comments:

Post a Comment